- It's summer and my daughter is at home. True, but I wasn't writing a whole lot when she was in school back in the fall, either.
- I've got writers block. Yeah, well, there are plenty of cures for that, missy, just Google them.
- My business (accounting) zaps every creative impulse I have. Big flipping deal. Maybe if you set aside a little time to WRITE every day, you'd tap into that creativity.
- I'm too tired. So get to bed a little earlier.
- I'm right brained. Liar. Most left-handed people are known to use the left side of their brains, and YOU are about as left-brained as they come.
Okay, I could probably come up with a few more, but you get the gist.
And now I owe all FINDING MY ESCAPE fans a huge apology. I'd hinted - okay, maybe come out and said outright - that FINDING MY WAY HOME would be available this summer. Unless I can sequester myself in a Tibetan monastery for the next month, I doubt that's happening.
I would, however like to finish the book this year. Seriously. This year.
So here's where you come in. If you would, look to the right at the little word count widget. As of this moment, it should read 3533 out of 55,000 words. If you don't see that number change every day, post a comment and whine to me. I need some people riding my back. I won't get mad, I promise.
I'll pop a milestone blog in from time to time with the new number to watch. This new story promises to be better than the first two. I'll keep you posted.